Catching up on Weston Copper tour - THE High D winner IS....

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Catching up on Weston Copper tour - THE High D winner IS....

Post by IDAwHOa »

Scroll on down to see the results of the High D tour drawing....

Some time ago I started 3 Weston Whistle tours http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=19402 - High D copper, Low D copper and a High D wooden. The Wooden and High Copper tours are still in progress. The Low D tour is complete and as promised I am holding a drawing to give away the Low D at this time.

Four people on the tour indicated that they were interested in winning the whistle. One entry was entered for participating and one for submitting a review.

My son, Brian, acted as the name drawer. Instead of just pulling one name I decided to draw all names in the hat and let the LAST name be the winner. Just to make it a little more suspensful I will announce the names in reverse order.

Here is the first name drawn:

DCrom

The rest of the names drawn will be announced as time allows today (or longer if I feel particularly devious)
Last edited by IDAwHOa on Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
jsluder

Re: Catching up on Weston Low D tour - THE DRAWING

Post by jsluder »

IDAwHOa wrote:The rest of the names drawn will be announced as time allows today (or longer if I feel particularly devious)
Now that's just mean. I love it! :twisted:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Time for a new name to be posted. Sorry for the delay but I was busy accepting a job offer and being notified that our offer on an income property was accepted. If the schedule holds I will be a landlord on 2/1 and I don't even have my own house built yet!

The next name drawn is:

Kathy

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Aw Poo :sniffle: Well, I guess I better get out the mailing tube and get it ready to go out! Good luck to Ron and Steven!

Steven, Congratulations on the Job offer! Best of luck with it and the Landlord thing too!

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
RonKiley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by RonKiley »

I can't believe I outlasted Kathy. Great news on the job offer and the investment property.

Ron
I've never met a whistle I didn't want.
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to the first day of work at my new job I go!!!! :D

Ron, I was as surprised as any that Kathy's name came up as quickly as it did in the drawing. Alas, some luck is meant to wane.

As for you Ron, like the hose in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model competition said last night,

"You are being dropped from the competition."

RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

And my streak remains unbroken. Never won anything; don't ever expect to. But I was ahead of Kathy. Now that is saying something.

Ron
I've never met a whistle I didn't want.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Hold on. Steven said people who sent him a review of the whistle get two entries, so some or all of the people whose names have been drawn may not be out of it yet. I got excited for a minute, thinking I had won because I was the only one whose name wasn't called yet, but now I don't think I have (yet).

Many congratulations on things going so well for you IdaSteven! Enjoy the first day on the job.

:-)
Steven
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

Steven wrote:Hold on. Steven said people who sent him a review of the whistle get two entries, so some or all of the people whose names have been drawn may not be out of it yet. I got excited for a minute, thinking I had won because I was the only one whose name wasn't called yet, but now I don't think I have (yet).

Many congratulations on things going so well for you IdaSteven! Enjoy the first day on the job.

Steven
Yes, you are right Steven. There are other names that were drawn. This is taking WAY too long, even for my warped sense of fun. :twisted:

So, here it is, the final name to be announced. The weiner is:

STEVEN

Congratulations. Send your address to both Kathy and Emmline. Kathy has the Whistle and Em has another part of the package, a lanyard I believe.

chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Congratulations Steven! :D

If you PM me your address, I will get it in the mail on Monday! I hate to see it go. It is such a nice easy player! It was nice that I had it longer than everyone else while Steven IDAwHOa got settled in.

Thanks for taking on the responsibility of this tour Steven and also Thanks to Mr. Weston for sending out such a great whistle for us to try.

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Steven

Post by Steven »

Wow, cool-o! Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I somehow managed to miss that this thread had been updated beyond my reply.

So, yes, I'll PM my address to Kathy and Em. Shortly thereafter, I'll play my new whistle!

And since I'm happy about winning, I won't even be mad at IdaSteven for calling me a weiner!

Steven
emmline

Post by emmline »

IDAwHOa wrote: Congratulations. Send your address to both Kathy and Emmline. Kathy has the Whistle and Em has another part of the package, a lanyard I believe.
Yes, I have the mystery accoutrements, a drawstring bag, and a lanyard with a plastic hook to make that dickens of a heavy whistle more hands free. (well...you have to use your hands some, it's not auto-pilot...)
Anyone wish to 'fess up to adding these items to the traveling whistle? I unwittingly retained them when I sent the whistle along, and forgot they existed until the house gremlin set them on the floor next to my desk a couple months later.
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

Steven wrote: I won't even be mad at IdaSteven for calling me a weiner!

Steven
OH! :o Did I say that? :twisted:
emmline wrote:Anyone wish to 'fess up to adding these items to the traveling whistle?
The case was always part of the tour. :D I can't remember who added the lanyard. :-?

IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

The High D copper tour is now over. Well, it has been over for a while now (hope you enjoyed the extra time Matt!!! :o )

I did the drawing tonight. The winner of the High D whistle is:

ANDREA

An email has been sent to all participants.

aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

I cannot say how very stoked I am... not only did I get a new job today, but a whistle too. Life is good. :D

Many thanks!! :)
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin