C&F Writing Competition. Can you freaking believe it?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

Emmline sneaked a quick peek at her own Kaplan's prep book, hoping to prove herself more intelligent than Reenie, Nettie, and Bella...or at least, fer cryin' out loud, the ping pong ball. Suddenly, a thought popped into her cranium as if born from the quantum foam: She would trap Bloomfield into coming out. Yeah, that was it! By saying something he couldn't resist, like:

"Ok everybody...whose in, and whose out? Let's crash the door. Perhaps our prior efforts thus far have been too discrete!"
Last edited by emmline on Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scottielvr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by scottielvr »

“Its a brilliant idea, alright. We like it alot...itll definately succede!!!” cryed the Nanos as one. They all quickly agreed to hide and wait awhile to see if the tempting bate would be took throwing in a runon sentence and a few more, punctuation errors just for insurance for they were pretty sure they would'nt have any second chances.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Bloomfield was aghast. "We're besieged, Dale!", he cried, striking a melodramatic pose of eloquent indecision and half-flight and looking wildly about him. "The Basmatis are going for the jugular, now. They're hittin' me right where I live. Have they no mercy?".

Dale looked up from his Etch-a-Sketch. "Huh?" He squinted, thinking hard. "We don't have any jugs of anything. We drank all that other stuff. Maybe you should tell them that, and they might go away?"

Bloomfield peered through a peep-hole at the coming fracas and wrung his hands. "I didn't get this far without having a surprise or two up my sleeve. Dang. I can't be fresh out! Hmmm...gotta think...gotta think..."

He paced the floor, wracking his brain for a tour de force worthy of his cunning.

He had to buy some time. "I need you to act as my herald. Go out there and stall them for a bit. Just talk about anything; I'll come up with something soon."

"But my name isn't Harold, Bloomie," Dale said.

"Never mind that. Here, just take this white damask napkin and wave it as you approach them," Bloomfield said, pushing Dale out the door.

"But, Bloomie..."

Slam.
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Dale stood there, feeling ridiculous, armed only with a bit of linen (or maybe polyester; one never knew these days). It wasn’t fair; this whole affair had been Bloomfield’s idea--how had he been dragged into it? Not knowing what fury or Furies might be preparing to descend on him, he did the first thing he could think of: He dropped the absurd napery and quickly assumed what he hoped was a camouflage posture, chin in right hand, head slightly cocked, the picture of utter boredom. Idly tapping a foot in a syncopated rhythm, he waited for whatever was to come; thinking, for some reason his muddled wits could not quite bring into focus, that he’d look just perfect if only his head had a blue sky and some little cumulus clouds rapidly scudding right-to-left behind it.
emmline

Post by emmline »

"Woooweeee!" enthused Bella, clasping her hands in a gesture of uninhibited delight. "It's a demi-god, come down from Olympus just for us!"

She and her gracely sisters hastily clasped hands in a circle around the Undisputed and began to beat their gauzy wings in a hot syncopated rhythm.

"A-one, and a-two, and a-three," said Nettie, leading the count, as the threesome, along with Wisely, who was securely tucked in the middle, took to the air, and disappeared from view.

"Wait..." said a Nano plaintively, but hopelessly. "You forgot your ping pong ball."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

"Hey, their, Dale!!", they all cried. "Come on over hear. Were planning somthing its gonna be grate, and we could use you're help. Herr Bloemenfeld wont know what hit him."

Dale hesitated. "I'm not here."

"Oh dont worry abuot that," said emmline and scottielvr. "We ca'nt see you." They nudged each other. "Jsut come away form the door. Its gonna blow off it's hinges. It wont be prettie."

Dale hesitated some more. "You can't see me. I'm invisible."

"Absolutly. Cant see a thing. Get over hear, anyway. Your gonn dig it."

Dale remained as he was, inclined head in hand, transfixed like a fawn smelling danger.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Obviously we have alternate-universe story lines going on here: Deus Ex Machina vs. Blowing Stuff Up. Or Bloomie blowing up out of orthographic agony. :D
emmline

Post by emmline »

Nano, you're just going to have to integrate it somehow. Go for it.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

emmline wrote:Nano, you're just going to have to integrate it somehow. Go for it.
Why ME??? Who died and elected you Grand Overeeress? :P
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Oh, all right then.

...Only it wasn't Dale that the Three Graces, Ret., had lofted into the beyond. It was actually that little annoying bigeared twerp who couldn't even speak proper English; He'd magically disguised himelf to look like Dale just to get those three harridans out of the way. He knew they'd only cause trouble, and so he made the supreme sacrifice.

Meanwile, emmline, scottielver and the Nanos continued their misspelt entreaties to the real deal. Or Dale..
emmline

Post by emmline »

"It is obvius that Dale is invisibul," said Emmline. "There4, I cannott see him. However, as Grand Overseeress-elect, I will fulfill all duties pertaining to that offiss, and attempt 2 coax Bloooooomie out of his hidey-hole!"

"Oh Bloomy," she continued. "I knead a littel help with spelling out heer!"
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

There will be demerits.
/Bloomfield
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Heeheehee.
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Bloomfield wrote:There will be demerits.
Bring 'um onn!
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

... we were hoping the contest would be decided on demerits....