Chiff & Fipple Diet Club

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jbarter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jbarter »

Congratulations Jessie (on both counts).
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

My freakin' Goodness! I went off the diet for a week and a half and gained 8 pounds, the very 8 pounds that took 2 months to come off!!! Geez!!! Needless to say, I have to get back on the horse, but I am going to do a different diet, The Zone, this time. I was on the Zone a few years ago and I liked it. I was in a really crabby mood yesterday because the guy who came over to take my blood for my new life insurance policy brought a scale (a mean one!) and made me stand on it. How does someone gain 8 pounds in a week and a half?!? Geez!
~JessieD
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Ok, it's day two of The Zone for me. I am not going to get on the scale until November. I feel like crap (the beginning of a new diet is always like that). I did this diet for a few months several years ago and liked it, so we'll see. How's everyone else doing?
~JessieD
sbruyette

Post by sbruyette »

It is going very slowly, but I am still losing. It may take me a few weeks to show a 2 lb loss but that's OK. I have been on WW since March and have now lost 25 lbs. I am 4 lbs away from the goal I set in the beginning. Every once in a while I eat too much of something that puts me over on my points but I alway start fresh the next day. I really need to start toning up with maybe with some weights. I walk daily and ride bike occasionally but that isn't enough. So exercising is still the challenge along with drinking more water.
Susan
TootleJester

Post by TootleJester »

Oops! I put this in the wrong place! Let's try again!

I am new to this topic but simpathize with all. Until a year ago was 100 lbs overweight. Then I started this "health plan." Basicly I became a strict vegetarian(nothing that come from an animal of any sort, seafood included) and eat nothing with added oils, but can eat as many complex carbs as I want. It is not a diet, as I will never stop eating this way. It is also very hard. I am a Manager at a fast food restraunt and am always tempted. But I've lost a net 35lbs since January (lost 45 gained back 10 from said temptations). But I am aiming at 160 for body. Again, very hard for a meat and potatoes Wisconsin cheesehead. But we all plug on together.
To know Him and Him crusified!
Glory forever!
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Last winter, I was filmed for a video. My employer, which is very, very, very large, did this recruiting video and I had a little bit in it. It was a wonderful experience, with actual real makeup artists and incredible lighting and cameras and directors and electricians and I got to dress up and everything, and I was feeling really, really positive about it.

I had this incredible sense of confidence, too, because there was so much makeup plastered on me that I figured nobody would be able to see through it . . . kind of like a mask. Wow! I got to do a video and I didn't DIE! And afterward, everyone said I looked GREAT!

Except for those who said I looked like the Whore of Babylon. (Really, it was a lot of makeup.)

Anyway, here I've been waiting for that video to come out. A copy of it finally arrived last week.

Well, my part is so teeny that they had to tell me where it was so I could find it, but even so, something is better than nothing. I went to that part of the CD, and . . . didn't recognize myself.

I looked so FAT! Seriously, I looked like a hamster. My NECK is enormous and my cheeks look like I'm storing up nuts for the winter.

No! I thought. I'm just thinking that because I'm used to seeing myself in a 1-dimensional mirror. Surely, I do not look that way in truth. Cameras add ten pounds, everyone knows that.

A coworker came in to see the video. She actually jumped backward at the sight of me and blurted out "Good Lord! What the ___ happened to you?" Uh oh.

Another coworker--one obviously more in control of herself--said that I did a good job. "At least you made it onto the video! That's saying something!" Uh oh.

Thus discouraged, I went down to the cafeteria for lunch. A person I hardly know waves at me from way over yonder, calling me over so he can share that he saw me on the video. "I recognized you right off." And he hardly knows me . . . so, oooooh, it must look just like me. He was in the video, too.

"So," I asked him, "did you, ummm, recognize yourself right off?"

"No," he replied, "I had to look twice. I didn't realize I looked like that."

"Ah," I said. "That was my problem. I didn't think I looked like myself."

"Oh, no," he said, "definitely not! I almost didn't recognize you, either, because the video made you look SO MUCH THINNER."

Awwwwk!

I hope y'all have room on this thread for one more chubbette, because I'm clearly needing it.

The video will eventually be on the internet for the whole world to see, and by the time it gets there I want to be able to say . . . that I no longer look anything like that.

Edited on 10/25: OK. If everyone is confessing poundage, I guess I can, too. It was far, far worse than I expected--226. :oops:

The Program Begins.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Great post, Peggy!

:)
~JessieD
Bert

Post by Bert »

Oh, man...I really could have used you guys!

My computer died and tuition for my twins came before it's replacement, so I've been without the board since last winter. Since I had nothing else to do, I lost 65 lbs. Would have been a lot easier with others to talk to and share support.
If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill themselves...Is it considered a hostage situation???
JayMitch

Post by JayMitch »

Congratulations, Bert! You make it sound like it was easy, but I know better. That's quite an accomplishment.

I haven't checked in here in awhile so I'll provide an update. I'm down 58 lbs since May, but for the last two+ weeks have been stuck at a plateau. I know that's to be expected but it's still VERY discouraging, particularly since I'm stuck at around 208 and getting below 200 is a major intermediate goal for me. Ultimately I want to get below 170 (or maybe 160 -- we'll see). I hope to get there by next summer.

--Jay
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I am thinking we don't really need this to be a Sticky thread anymore...nobody is contributing to it regularly. Perhaps I'll go and get it unstuck.
~JessieD
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

I haven't posted the past couple of weeks because I've embarrassingly plateaud. Though posts are infrequent I think a lot of people are reading because it's been available at the top of the board.
BTW does a 'sticky' thread have more calories than a plain one?
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I asked Dale to make it unsticky, because it goes through days of no posts, and it seems silly to have it stick. Every time I see it, I am reminded of the fact that I haven't really gotten back on the horse. I am about 5 pounds higher than when I got pregnant. So, really, I want to lose only about 15 pounds, but it is still a bit daunting. I am really enjoying food. I have time. We don't want to conceive the next one before summer.

I just got a book called "When Women Stop Hating Their Bodies." It's about how we women tend to drive ourselves crazy with obsessive thoughts about our physical flaws, and it gives some advice about how to get out of doing that, and says that once you get out of the "punishment" of dieting, you learn to love your body and you make healthy choices for it that aren't based on punishment. That would be nice.
~JessieD
aderyn_du
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by aderyn_du »

Good for you, Jessie-- that sounds like a great book. :) Who's the author? I think I may like to read it...
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

The book was written by Jane R. Hirschmann and Carol H. Munter.
~JessieD
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

I also have not checked in lately. I read regularly but there hasn't been anything new to report or celebrate. I am still stuck at 210 + or - 2 lbs. However I just took a stress test and everything was great. The scar tissue has gotten smaller. Thats not suppose to happen but it has.

Sounds like a good book Jessie. I think if you ask Dan he will tell you that you have no flaws.

Ron
I've never met a whistle I didn't want.