My PHAT LEWT came in the mail today!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
NZ_Chris

Post by NZ_Chris »

tuaz wrote:THANK YOU. I couldn't figure out what "Lewt" was, but I was too embarrassed to admit my ignorance. I thought I was the only one who didn't know what it meant.

Luckily, I can blame it on my not being an American, instead of on my age (hey, I'm sufficiently with it to understand the usage of "Phat"). :-)

Spelling issues that bug me: confusing "their" and "there", "your" and "you're", "its" and "it's", plus the insistence on adding an apostrophe before the "s" when writing the plural of a word. Argh.
The one that always bugs me (and that as a consequence I notice a lot) is people writing loose when they mean lose.
happyturkeyman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by happyturkeyman »

NZ_Chris wrote:
tuaz wrote:THANK YOU. I couldn't figure out what "Lewt" was, but I was too embarrassed to admit my ignorance. I thought I was the only one who didn't know what it meant.

Luckily, I can blame it on my not being an American, instead of on my age (hey, I'm sufficiently with it to understand the usage of "Phat"). :-)

Spelling issues that bug me: confusing "their" and "there", "your" and "you're", "its" and "it's", plus the insistence on adding an apostrophe before the "s" when writing the plural of a word. Argh.
The one that always bugs me (and that as a consequence I notice a lot) is people writing loose when they mean lose.
The 03'-04' Oregon Driver's Manual, for example. (And yes, that apostrophe SHOULD be there.) It speaks of "loosing your license" for certain offenses. :D
Well, I suppose it could do without. Meh.
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine.
Cyfiawnder

Post by Cyfiawnder »

happyturkeyman wrote:Uhhh... sorry for the misunderstandings! :D "phat lewt" comes to me from the geeky RPG gamer community - but at least I didn't say "|^h47 13|/\|7" as many would.

Speaking of geek language...

http://www.google.com/intl/xx-hacker/
Look! it's google in 1337 5P33|< (They call it h4x0R)

http://www.google.com/intl/xx-klingon/
And google in Klingon!

Are geeks cool? I suppose "phat" isn't the geekiest of words, but somehow it found its way into one game or another. Well, I guess they adopted it sometime after it stopped being hip. If there's one theing those geeks hate it's being hip. ;)

Oh, Cyfiawnder, I promise it's not the school's fault. Well, maybe it is if you consider that without school I may not have been pulled into a geeky, outcast crowd. But I can spell pretty well when I try. And yeah, I did just start a sentence with "but." I don't care.

That's just overkill. I'm sorry.

Don't you mean |P|-|//-\\T |L3|3|T |L3|\\x// T ?? AT least in my involvment in my online RPG geekdome that's how it would have been said.

That being said I know spend more Hours Per week playin Final Fantasy XI online than I spend at work. I even found a town that has a Jig Played on a Fiddle as the background music...
Justinus say guiness in hand worth two in ice-box.
happyturkeyman

Post by happyturkeyman »

Cyfiawnder wrote:
happyturkeyman wrote:Uhhh... sorry for the misunderstandings! :D "phat lewt" comes to me from the geeky RPG gamer community - but at least I didn't say "|^h47 13|/\|7" as many would.

Speaking of geek language...

http://www.google.com/intl/xx-hacker/
Look! it's google in 1337 5P33|< (They call it h4x0R)

http://www.google.com/intl/xx-klingon/
And google in Klingon!

Are geeks cool? I suppose "phat" isn't the geekiest of words, but somehow it found its way into one game or another. Well, I guess they adopted it sometime after it stopped being hip. If there's one theing those geeks hate it's being hip. ;)

Oh, Cyfiawnder, I promise it's not the school's fault. Well, maybe it is if you consider that without school I may not have been pulled into a geeky, outcast crowd. But I can spell pretty well when I try. And yeah, I did just start a sentence with "but." I don't care.

That's just overkill. I'm sorry.

Don't you mean |P|-|//-\\T |L3|3|T |L3|\\x// T ?? AT least in my involvment in my online RPG geekdome that's how it would have been said.

That being said I know spend more Hours Per week playin Final Fantasy XI online than I spend at work. I even found a town that has a Jig Played on a Fiddle as the background music...
Heh heh heh. I could never stomach pay-to-play so I get the geek vernacular trickle down to me through FPS and RTS games. What can I say - I'm a poor, uncool, loser geek. :D

You should see my rig though! Purple LED fans everywhere (including in two empty 5.25" drive bays) and purple UV cold cathodes, too! Purple EL wire coming soon! And a few blue LED fans, too, just so people don't look at me funny!
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine.