Notation Software

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Cyfiawnder
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cyfiawnder »

I hope you like it... Keep in mind it's a semi-rough prototype. The screw holding the fipple in through the bottom of the mouthpiece was what I commonly refer to as a last minute mistake. It would be more than sturdy enough to stand up to a beating without the fipple coming out. As I stated in a different thread, I did try to "yank" the outter mouthpiece from off of the carbon fiber tube to I could do some work on the fipple, Well yank as I might all I accomplished was scratching the Stainless Steel of the mouthpiece. I know i'm not king cong, but my friends nick named me "Sir Toques Alot" from all the times I have in advertantly twisted the hex-head off of many a Nut. Also the PVC whistle's head join was a last minute addition... The original one had an "accident" and I had to fab up something guick. It will allow for a bit of tuning, but it fits so snug that pushed in all the way the whistle is just barely not-sharp :) I tried to make it with an Internal tuning slide in the very begining, but tha eaxtra material was through off my tuning... A LOT. I trashed 3 body's before I gave up... D,E,F# were always flat, and G,A,B were always spot on... Sounded "ok" by ear, but my tuner said otherwise...
Make sure you put it through it's paces and I want an Ojective review :) If it won't play "a cran worth a damn" than I wanna know :)
Justin
Justinus say guiness in hand worth two in ice-box.