What is your real life super power?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
FJohnSharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

When ascending or descnding a set of stairs, by the time I'm halfway I know if it's an odd number or an even number of stairs remaining without counting or even really paying attention. It just occurs to me.

I must add that this power was at its height several years ago and I have not experienced it lately.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

SteveK wrote:I have refrained from beating a session member to death with his own instrument-so far, anyway.
Flute?
Reasonable person
Walden
tuaz

Post by tuaz »

super-corrosive sweaty (read "drippy") hands.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Walden wrote:The Batman managed to be a superhero without any superpowers, per se.
His super power was the money to fund the manufacture of the 'wonderful toys' that he used.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

anniemcu wrote:His super power was the money to fund the manufacture of the 'wonderful toys' that he used.
Sort of like Osama, but on the side of law and justice.
Reasonable person
Walden
pastorkeith
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by pastorkeith »

Find everyone else's lost things (my own lost things are my fatal flaw - like kryptonite - rendering me merely human)

I can fill my desk with piles and piles of stuff and still pull out the very thing that I need with one hand at the exact moment I need it.

Fold laundry and watch football at the same time.

pastorkeith
"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love."-- Mother Teresa
sbfluter

Post by sbfluter »

My real true super-power is that I can find my way in the wilderness (at least in my local wilderness, not so much in other wildernesses.) Without a map and compass. I just know where I am and where to go.

There are lots of places I take people and while sometimes I may lose the trail I'm always confident that given a map I could put my finger on exactly where we are. Many times we'll be searching for the trail and arguing about the right way and the men will pull out their GPSs and maps and stuff and I'll just poke my head through a curtain of brush and say, "this way" and I'm almost always right.

It's easy to lose trails here because they grow back with tangled brush and also because I like to hike on trails that are barely there to secret places other people would never know existed. Most people are amazed at the beauty of our local wilderness, with its elfin forest of low shrubs, and at the amazingly wonderful secret places that hide within it. I'm convinced that some of the best places I've found are on some of those ley lines they talk about. I'm not some kind of new age nut job who believes in crop circles and stuff like that. I just know there's something special there. Some places are spooky. Some places are special. And I just know the way.
~ Diane
Flutes: Tipple D and E flutes and a Casey Burns Boxwood Rudall D flute
Whistles: Jerry Freeman Tweaked D Blackbird
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

I can follow conversations in languages I don't understand (Cantonese and Mandarin), and at an appropriate place add a relevant comment.

Limitation: this only seems to work with my wife and her friends. But it's enough to make them believe I have a far better understanding of their languages than I'll ever master.
Doug_Tipple

Post by Doug_Tipple »

sbfluter wrote: I'm not some kind of new age nut job who believes in crop circles and stuff like that. I just know there's something special there. Some places are spooky. Some places are special. And I just know the way.
I probably may be viewed as some kind of new age nut job who believes in crop circles and stuff like that. I agree that some places are special. My preception skills have become rusty with neglect, but there was a time, not long ago, when I could feel the energy fields from plants and people, and I could influence those energy fields with the energy from my hands.
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

I can cause any TV show to be cancelled simply by becoming a regular viewer.
Charlene
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I can sit down and subsequently lose everything I had on my person within 5 minutes without moving.

Marcus: Uilleann
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

tuaz wrote:super-corrosive sweaty (read "drippy") hands.
No, you may NOT play my guitar. Nyuk.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

I had a temporary superpower recently: let's just say it was vaporously gastrointestinal, horrid, ongoing for nearly three days, and the sheer unprecedented chemical power of it actually burned me where the good Lord split me. Seriously. I had burns. Scary.

No more sauerkraut for me. No, sir.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

Nanohedron wrote:I had a temporary superpower recently: let's just say it was vaporously gastrointestinal, horrid, ongoing for nearly three days, and the sheer unprecedented chemical power of it actually burned me where the good Lord split me. Seriously. I had burns. Scary.

Sounds like the fabled "Stool of Repentence".
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

s1m0n wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:I had a temporary superpower recently: let's just say it was vaporously gastrointestinal, horrid, ongoing for nearly three days, and the sheer unprecedented chemical power of it actually burned me where the good Lord split me. Seriously. I had burns. Scary.

Sounds like the fabled "Stool of Repentence".
'Twas near unto that, only minus the stool as it were. There was repentance - never mind the rest - aplenty.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician