Moms aren't allowed to get sick.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
JessieK
antispam: No

Moms aren't allowed to get sick.

Post by JessieK »

I must share that being sick while taking care of two kids SUCKS!

But my daughter sings to me and tells me to be brave. That's something, anyway. It's just a cold.
~JessieD
Congratulations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Moms aren't allowed to get sick.

Post by Congratulations »

JessieK wrote:But my daughter sings to me and tells me to be brave.
Aw... that's precious.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

JessieK wrote:I must share that being sick while taking care of two kids SUCKS!

But my daughter sings to me and tells me to be brave. That's something, anyway. It's just a cold.
I usually stay home when mother and child are both sick. I get family leave, though; it's definitely a perk.

When I had pneumonia a few years ago, my little one, then 2.5 years old, kept building towers from megablocks and bringing them to me, saying, "Daddy, here's a tower to help you feel better." The memory of pneumonia is scary, but the memory of my daughter bringing me towers is wonderful.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

JessieK wrote:I must share that being sick while taking care of two kids SUCKS!
Yes, I agree that it does :lol: I hope you're feeling much better soon, Jessie :)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
missy

Post by missy »

that's the reason there is 4 years between my two:

"mommy's sick and going to lay here on the couch, you pour your own cereal....."
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
emmline

Post by emmline »

missy wrote:that's the reason there is 4 years between my two:

"mommy's sick and going to lay here on the couch, you pour your own cereal....."
Very familiar. I recall barricading myself and a couple small kids in the room with a pile of toys and videos so I could move as little as possible.
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

UGH! Having kids to attend to while sick!

I used to tell myself: "I refuse to be sick, I have no time for this"!

Amazingly, it often worked..... But it is SO TOUGH with very little ones...It's so tiring.

In fact, right now, despite everything, I too, have a bad cold.
And it couldn't have happened at a "better" time! a planned 4 days off work to prepare for the Holidays!!!!!! :cry:

Well, anyway, to circumvent the mall crawling, I just did most of my Christmas shopping on-line an hour ago, and since the bulk of shopping is now done, I figure I can relax, take lots of naps, and maybe bundle up and sit in the movie theatre to see a movie or two.

Thank goodness for Triaminic!

Take care of yourself!

Mary
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

emmline wrote: I recall barricading myself and a couple small kids in the room with a pile of toys and videos so I could move as little as possible.
That works very well! :party:

M
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Today I feel a bit better (knock on wood), but Joey's nose is running (a sign of things to come). It'll be easier to take care of her (and Linus, who is nto sick yet) when I am no longer sick. And Dan is now off for two weeks (starting today)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~JessieD
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

JessieK wrote:Today I feel a bit better (knock on wood), but Joey's nose is running (a sign of things to come). It'll be easier to take care of her (and Linus, who is nto sick yet) when I am no longer sick. And Dan is now off for two weeks (starting today)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, Good!

It's so much better when your husband is home to help!

M
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

More to come: when they start school, they'll bring home every new cold and virus as well. Very rough on teachers as well. Gotta keep up with the vitamines and such, especially in the holiday season. Best wishes.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

It is hard to imagine having little children to care for and being sick.

I remember so well the few times my mom got sick when we were little. It felt so strange and kind of scary because it really seemed to me that moms weren't supposed to get sick. My dad would have to do the things my mom usually did and he did them in what seemed to me a very strange way---poor guy. It seemed like the world had tipped upside down. We were always so happy when she was feeling better. I have to admit probably we were thinking more about ourselves than our mom, although I do think we felt sorry for her to the extent our little minds were able to.

Once she had the stomach flu on Christmas Day. My dad told us that they thought we would just have to do Christmas the next day. Looking back on it I'm sort of surprised that we didn't make a fuss about not getting to open our presents that day. But the idea of opening our presents without our mom being there was so awful, it wouldn't have been any fun at all, that we were just fine with having Christmas late that year. And we really did feel sorry for her. To have the stomach flu on Christmas Day seemed like the most unbelievable, ultimate tragedy to us. She would have little periods of not feeling nauseous and my dad would let us go stand at the bedroom door and say hi to her and try to cheer her up a bit. We had a very nice Christmas once she was better.

I hope Jessie and Dix feel better soon. It's a hard time of year to not feel well.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Thanks Cynth!

I remember all too well the days we would come home from school to find that Mom was in bed with a Migraine...

It sounds like your Dad carried on very well that Christmas with your Mom sick. And it was stellar that you kids were so good about it!

I remember a memorable Christmas when all FOUR of my sons were sick with the stomach flu. Lying on the couch trying to work up the energy to unwrap their presents, poor little guys!

M
missy

Post by missy »

Noah was sick his first Christmas (he was 10 months old). We have pictures of him in at least 3 different outfits, because he kept throwing up on himself. He also threw up on Nate's (who was 4) new ride on KetCar.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

I hate to tell you this, but mom's NEVER get to be sick(and act sick)
ever, ever. For the rest of your life.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West