New CD from John Wynne

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
bradhurley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

New CD from John Wynne

Post by bradhurley »

The excellent Roscommon flute player John Wynne has just released a new CD called "Like the Wind" -- you can hear sound clips on Claddagh's website:

http://claddaghrecords.com/WWW/catalog/ ... ts_id=2864

The blurb says "Nine years after his debut solo album, With Every Breath, John Wynne was compelled to make this second album, sensing his playing had turned a corner and that he had something new to offer."

I think he's right. I really enjoyed John's first album and thought it had some great tunes, settings, and musicianship, but from the sound of the few tracks previewed here I'd say this is on a different level...I look forward to hearing the whole thing.
jim stone

Re: New CD from John Wynne

Post by jim stone »

glorious playing
kkrell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Not really wishing to hijack this thread, but while checking out John's new album, I also saw that Claddagh has a new flute album by Liam Kelly (of Dervish) - "Sweetwood". Looks like people are buying both.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

AT LONG LAST AND ABSOLUTELY MIRACULOUS !!! I'm going to be one of those two-fisted buyers for sure.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
drewr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by drewr »

I sure wish Claddagh had the option of downloadable MP3s. I don't have much use for actual CDs anymore, and it would sure save on shipping to North America. If anyone finds someplace where the albums mentioned here are offered for download, please post the link. I tried a Google search without much result.
radcliff
Tell us something.: in two words, Rudall & Rose. but since a minimum of 100 characters is required, I should list a number of makers I found extremely interesting… I don't even know how much are 100 characters...

Post by radcliff »

kkrell wrote:Not really wishing to hijack this thread, but while checking out John's new album, I also saw that Claddagh has a new flute album by Liam Kelly (of Dervish) - "Sweetwood". Looks like people are buying both.

Kevin Krell

A M A Z I N G !!!!
claudine
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

i just got John Wynne's new CD. It is absolutely lovely.
Anyone know where I can get his 1st solo CD?
And do you know what flute he is playing on his new CD? I know he used to play a Murray, but the flute pictured in the CD booklet looks different.
srt19170

Post by srt19170 »

drewr wrote:I sure wish Claddagh had the option of downloadable MP3s.
Absolutely. I have no interest in paying for media and packaging that I don't care about (and will throw away) not to mention shipping.

On the other hand, we all know how resistant ITM is to change. It's a wonder they're not still shipping 78s :-)
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

claudine wrote:i just got John Wynne's new CD. It is absolutely lovely.
Anyone know where I can get his 1st solo CD?
http://celticgrooves.homestead.com/CG_Wynne_John.html :-)

Ditto on the wish for downloadables. The prices are fairly steep as it is, and then when you throw in US shipping ... :boggle:
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.