FREE FROM SERPENT MUSIC - A THANK YOU

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
billw
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by billw »

emmline wrote:<snippo!>
So, as I see it, the crux of this thread is that we need to distinguish who we're pitching our MP3 snippets to:
Is it ITM traditionalists...or is it the quadrapodes, noobs and snobes?

Get that straight, and this entire discussion is moot.
I am pitching to heavy-breathing minimum hepta- to deca-digitals, with functioning aural cavities and the innate ability to appreciate the fact that, even though what they're listening to sucks according to some, others find it helpful.

And didn't any of you snobes and poots never hear that old saw, "Them whut cain't does, teech!"

:D
Bill Whedon (living proof of many old saws)
Ye Olde Whistlesmith Saying:
A whistle without a fipple, is just a piece of leaky pipe!

Click the WWW and come have some fun with poems and music and now BOOKS! and check out the preeeety whistles and the T-shirts with attitude! :D
Wombat
antispam: No

Post by Wombat »

billw wrote:
And didn't any of you snobes and poots never hear that old saw, "Them whut cain't does, teech!"

Oh, we've heard it all right. According to the genious who said that, Noel Hill, Mary Bergin, Yehudi Menuhin, Larry Nugent, just about every major classical soloist and conductor, a large number of Nobel prizewinners, along with Bill Whedon can't. Now four of five of them might be believable but all of them?

In keeping with the new decorum, let me say to whoever it was who first spewed up that cliche and all the lame tossers who repeat it seriously, and I mean this in the nicest possible way: it's running down yer leg, dearie.
billw

Post by billw »

Wombat wrote:
billw wrote:

Oh, we've heard it all right. According to the genious who said that, Noel Hill, Mary Bergin, Yehudi Menuhin, Larry Nugent, just about every major classical soloist and conductor, a large number of Nobel prizewinners, along with Bill Whedon can't. Now four of five of them might be believable but all of them?

In keeping with the new decorum, let me say to whoever it was who first spewed up that cliche and all the lame tossers who repeat it seriously, and I mean this in the nicest possible way: it's running down yer leg, dearie.
Gee! Guess it's good I wasn't serious! :D
Cheers,
Bill Whedon
Soipent Moozik

(edit) Spelling cop... "genius" doesn't contain an "o".
... and I'm sorry you don't believe Yehudi. I'm sure he was sincere! :D

Click the WWW and come have some fun with poems and music and now BOOKS! and check out the preeeety whistles and the T-shirts with attitude! :D
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

emmline wrote:
GaryKelly wrote:
emmline wrote: Snobe here: It goes...picked up a Noob just south of Mobile,
played him a jig, but he wanted a reel
That's so cool!

Then it goes...

He played the Kesh 'cos he wanted some fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnn,
Peter would've shot him if he knew what he'd done.

Quadrapodes, jerks and snobes,
We'd hear it from the people of the town
They'd call us quadrapodes, jerks and snobes
But every night all the noobs would come around
And lay their money down
So, as I see it, the crux of this thread is that we need to distinguish who we're pitching our MP3 snippets to:
Is it ITM traditionalists...or is it the quadrapodes, noobs and snobes?

Get that straight, and this entire discussion is moot.
Good grief no, I was just having some fun with the whole newbie wading in and calling people names thing! (Jerk! :) )

Speaking for meself, I have the utmost respect for Peter, and value highly his opinions. Maybe one day (in a couple of years p'raps) when I have the confidence and the 'nads I'll post a clip of my own playing. If, on that unspecified day in the distant future, Peter tells me it's cr*p then it's back to listening, learning, and practising more. On the other hand, if he were to say "It's not half bad", I'd beam the kind of grin I haven't worn since I got picked up just south of Penzance (she gave me a lift and took me to a dance, I was 17 she was 21...and papa woulda shot her if he knew what she'd done).
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Sorry Gary, I can't take seriously a man who doesn't realize that papa woulda shot YOU. :lol:

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

I knew I shouldn't have returned to this thread... now I am going to hear Cher songs running in my head...all day. Quick, somebody toss on an old Tom Jones record. :D
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:I knew I shouldn't have returned to this thread... now I am going to hear Cher songs running in my head...all day. Quick, somebody toss on an old Tom Jones record. :D
It's a cool tune! You can play it on a D whistle too, starts on E.

But here ya go anyway:

She....stood there laughing,
I played the Kesh on my Gen.,
And she laughed no more!

Why? Why? Why? Delilah, dabadabadabadooo.....

And PhilO, she deflowered me! I rather think Papa woulda shot us both, actually :) Thank gawd for long-term memory.
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

:lol: ....YIKES!

I recall as a child, sitting in the back seat of the stationwagon we had back then, driving to nowhere in particular, and listening to that song on the radio in all its AM glory....

Why, why, why.....delil....great! Now THAT tune will be stuck in my head all day long.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Wombat wrote:
billw wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, is this thread still alive yet, then?
NicoMoreno
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

dubhlinn wrote:
dubhlinn wrote:
NicoMoreno wrote:obviously.

What's polite?

What's normal standards of politeness?

hmm?

I am not being stupid here.... I am trying to make a point.
:boggle:
Take your time,no rush.

Slan,
D.
You took your time!

Slan,
D.
:wink:
Yeah... I was hoping someone would give their own personal opinion first. Oh well... Back to the short bus with me! :lol:

And to Wanderer: I'm not. anniemcu can do as she pleases. ie --> not a suggestion, just a warning!
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

NicoMoreno wrote:
And to Wanderer: I'm not. anniemcu can do as she pleases. ie --> not a suggestion, just a warning!
No sweat..I was just using your post as an excuse to be silly :)
NicoMoreno
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

Silly is good.

Entirely in the mood of silliness: you're a jerk!! :lol:

Just kidding. You are in fact one of the nicer people I have met online. I'm sorry I called you a jerk.
billw

The Living Thread... wooooooo

Post by billw »

Nanohedron wrote:
Wombat wrote:
billw wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, is this thread still alive yet, then?
I"m not sure... I've kind of forgotten what it was about, now. I guess you could ask Peter or Annie... :-? Wombat seems to have some idea, but his comment seems just a teensy prurient to me, and I don't recall sending him the video... did I??

Cheers, :D
Bill Whedon

OutOfBreath

Post by OutOfBreath »

Wanderer wrote:
No sweat..I was just using your post as an excuse to be silly :)
Gulp, um, ya mean, we're supposed to have an excuse?! :oops:
John
-------
The Internet is wonderful. Surely there have always been thousands of people deeply concerned about my sex life and the quality of my septic tank but before the Internet I never heard from any of them.
rh

Post by rh »

GaryKelly wrote: I rather think Papa woulda shot us both, actually :)
hopefully after the shootin's done Papa's got enough ammo left to put down this thread....
there is no end to the walking