LiveIreland.com

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
SirNick
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

LiveIreland.com

Post by SirNick »

LiveIreland.com
I listen to this all day at work. Maybe that's why I have an office to myself now! They play good streaming Irish Trad and Irish contemporary. I've got turned on to a couple of good bands and performers I hadn't heard before through this site. Check it out!
"You have my undivided attention"
moxy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by moxy »

Speaking of Kesh jig... Isn't it playing right now on LiveIreland...
stiofan
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Post by stiofan »

I've been listening to LiveIreland for several months now (at work, mostly - I'm actually listening to it right now). Although the programs repeat every few hours, I like the diversity of music, and the info on the site itself is interesting as well.
SirNick
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

I turn it up very loud when people in my office are trying to speak to me about important things. I'm the boss, so I just stare at them blankly with Trad music blaring until they go away! It's good to be King!
"You have my undivided attention"
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

LiveIreland.com

Post by greenspiderweb »

Thanks Sir Nick,
I had forgotten about this site! Good Stuff!
I'm going to listen until they make me boss, or throw me out! Hmmm...could workout alright!
~~~~
Barry
moxy

Post by moxy »

Hey there, does anybody know if we can record from this station?
sage

Post by sage »

I've had good luck recording it with <a href="http://audacity.sourceforge.net">Audacity</a> while playing it in windows media player. Choose mono mix for the input device and it works nicely. Just make sure you have the volume for the input kind of low as it tends clip alot if you dont.
Sometimes Audacity freezes all sound when I load it, and I have to restart though. Sort of hit and miss. :) Good luck.
moxy

Post by moxy »

Thanks Sage. I just figured out how to play it in Windows Media Player... I was using Real Player and thought it was the only way to play it...

So Media Player doesn't have its own recording function? I hate downloading stuff I'm not familiar with...