Upcoming forum move

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
susnfx
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by susnfx »

Rich has even rescued us from bots in the chat room. We'd still be there trying to figure out how to get rid of them if it wasn't for Rich. Thanks!

Susan
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

We play, we grow, we learn, we fight, we share, and you support it all. Thanks Rich and Dale.

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

MarkB wrote:Does this mean Rich that you will no longer be active on the board,if the new company is doing the hosting? I know it will be easier for you but you will be missed after all these years for your time and ceaseless effort for us. Thank you
No, they just provide webservers to run the forums on; they don't even know what content their customers are serving. But I don't know that I'd call myself that active lately :-)
FJohnSharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Still, there are a lot of people for whom this place means something and we appreciate your efforts, Rich.

thank you.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
moxy

Post by moxy »

As a newcomer to the board itself, let me just say that I'm so very glad to have this to go to whenever I want (at work, right now, I can't be seen, but that may only last another month or so... sadly...). I'm really glad to have this around :)

Thank you!
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Just a reminder to people - last night in the Announcement forum Rich said he will be moving the server today at midday sometime.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

avanutria wrote:Just a reminder to people - last night in the Announcement forum Rich said he will be moving the server today at midday sometime.
Midday GMT? Eastern? Pacific?

Good Morning, All
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Canada somewhere, I presume. :) No one knows the location of Rich's secret lair!
rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

And we're moved! And yes, I meant North American midday, sorry about that. As I said, I was sick and my brain wasn't at full power.

Thanks, everybody, for all of your comments in this thread. Even though I don't participate in the forums much anymore, I know that they're important to all of you, and that's why they're still around. :-)
carrie

Post by carrie »

Thanks again!

:party:
rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

Also, please note any problems you encounter on the forums over <a href="http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... 0">here</a> (after checking that thread to make sure someone else hasn't beat you to it). Thanks!
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Thanks, Rich!! I like the way Dreamhost is working better than the previous server.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Once again thank you very much, Rich, for keeping the messageboards up.

-Paul
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

rich wrote:And we're moved!
Great! That went smoothly!
rich wrote:And yes, I meant North American midday, sorry about that.
South American midday too. :)
Reasonable person
Walden
jkrazy52

Post by jkrazy52 »

Thanks, Rich, for making this all work!

Kudos to Dale, Rich and Alan -- I love the C&F universe you all invented and are maintaining. (.... hmmm ... a C&F 'trinity'....)

:thumbsup:

~Judy