I am considering selling instruments.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JessieK
antispam: No

I am considering selling instruments.

Post by JessieK »

Dan and I have some long-term goals that require a certain amount of capital, and I am considering selling some special instruments so we can begin to do away with our mortgage.

If I choose to go through with this, among other whistles and some flutes, there will be Copelands, Burkes, possible Weasels, possible Boisverts, Bleazey, elusive old-design (the one I reviewed before he changed the design) Reyburn high d and Low D, boxwood Swaynes, *maybe* a full set of O'Riordans (Low D, E, F, G, A, Bb, C, D, Eb) and some additional O'Riordans!

:)
Last edited by JessieK on Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~JessieD
avanutria
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Any high laughings? I'd be interested in them.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Nope, no laughings.

Anyone feel free to e-mail or PM me if you are interested in the others. If I sell the O'Riordans, I will put them on eBay. Most of the others will be put up for sale here.
~JessieD
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

What I'm looking for is a delrin fipple/alluminium body lightweight O'Riordan, you don't have one of those do ya?
morning girl
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by morning girl »

Soooo. I left a PM, but just in case any one else has an aluminum Burke D that needs a loving home, I'll post here, too. I think it's called an AlPro?

............................................................................... Just back from a visit to Michael Burke's site. IT'S GONE!!! :o Replaced by a "black-tipped" whistle. Has anyone tried it, yet?
glauber

Post by glauber »

It's basically the same thing. Mike thought many people don't like tasting metal on their lips, so he extended the plastic that already was in the airway, so the tip of the whistle is plastic instead of metal. It should make no difference in the sound (though i'm sure some people will swear it does!) :)
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Az, those don't exist. I do, however, have a delrin mouthpiece with a silver tube, as well as brass and nickel-plated ones. The silver one is different becaiuse the mouthpiece is ALL delrin (no metal rings).
~JessieD
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

Jessie,

Would it be possible for you at one point to take a picture of this O'Riordan with silver tube and the one with nickel plated tube? I tried one a few months ago and would like to see which one it was.

The whistle I tried was very responsive, easy blower and didnt seem to clog at all.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

The one you tried was a nickel tube, because my silver one is one of only two he made, both as gifts. The other was given to Joanie.
~JessieD
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

Oh, okay then. If you ever sell the delrin fipple/nickel tube, let me know, I might be interested off course :-)
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Whenever I sell O'Riordans, I will post about it in the forum. They are too sought after to sell without an auction. I am not among those who think it's wrong to accept money when people want to give it (or to spend more than the original price if I want something badly).
~JessieD
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

...eh? What? Copelands? Did somebody mention Copelands? (insert heavy drooling...*here*).
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

JessieK wrote:Whenever I sell O'Riordans, I will post about it in the forum. They are too sought after to sell without an auction. I am not among those who think it's wrong to accept money when people want to give it (or to spend more than the original price if I want something badly).
I agree, if you could sell an O'Riordan whistle a few thousand bucks, and someone is willing to pay for it, I see nothing wrong with that.
morning girl

Post by morning girl »

Has anyone actually tried the new style Burke aluminum w/the black tip?
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Yes, it is very nice. Strong, yet pleasing.

morninggirl, I never got your PM.
~JessieD