Some Whistles for Sale, updated

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JessieK
antispam: No

Some Whistles for Sale, updated

Post by JessieK »

Ok, here are some whistles for sale. You pay shipping.

Copeland nickel d - I visited the Copeland shop and had this whistle custom-voiced. It's really quite good. $280

Burke Brass Pro Session d - No black tip. I have two of these available. Price for each is $120.

Burke Al-pro d - No black tip - $120

Burke Al-pro Narrow bore d - Black tip. $130

Please e-mail me with questions or interest. I can take Paypal, credit cards, checks, Abells, ...hee hee.
Last edited by JessieK on Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~JessieD
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

The list is updated.
~JessieD
Zubivka
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Some Whistles for Sale, updated

Post by Zubivka »

JessieK wrote:Reyburn Standard Bore Low D -This is my favorite Low D whistle. I wrote a review of it a couple of years ago. It is sweet and pure, does not require a lot of air, just perfect. as Low D whistles go. It comes in a padded (on the inside) PVC carrying case with a strap. I am selling it because I hugely prefer flutes over Low D whistles. $225
List price: $200 + plastic case $25 = $ 225.-

What's so special about this one, compared to a brand new one at the same price? :-?
Azalin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Some Whistles for Sale, updated

Post by Azalin »

Zubivka wrote:
JessieK wrote:Reyburn Standard Bore Low D -This is my favorite Low D whistle. I wrote a review of it a couple of years ago. It is sweet and pure, does not require a lot of air, just perfect. as Low D whistles go. It comes in a padded (on the inside) PVC carrying case with a strap. I am selling it because I hugely prefer flutes over Low D whistles. $225
List price: $200 + plastic case $25 = $ 225.-

What's so special about this one, compared to a brand new one at the same price? :-?
Isn't that obvious? It's been touched by Jessie, that's why. ;-)
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Ronaldo has a habit of "improving" whistles after they get a good review. He certainly did that with the high d! In fact, he doesn't even know the dimensions of that whistle I had, because he changed them fast and didn't same the old ones. So my reviews of his whistles are outdated. Every high whistle of his that I have tried was not as good as that first one, and I have never tried another Reyburn Low D that was as good as this one. You could order one directly from him, but I am willing to bet that it wouldn't be as good as this one.

The buyer of the high d is a Reyburn afficianado and she said that it is the best one she has played. Feel free to chime in if you see this.
~JessieD
sbruyette

Post by sbruyette »

I bought the Reyburn LB high D from Jessie. The whistle is everything she said it was in her review. It is easily the closest to perfection when comparing it to my other 2 brass Reyburn high D's. One is the BR model and the other is a prototype of an "almost LB" model (according to Ronaldo). All three are different either in tube length or hole placement. I respect and trust Jessie's opinion and was glad at the chance to buy her high D. I am sure whoever gets this Low D will be more than happy with it.
Susan
Reyburnwhistles

Post by Reyburnwhistles »

One of the things I offer as an instrument maker is custom voicing, so many of my instruments are tailored to the needs of the individual player. One thing I have discovered over the years is that the sound preference of a player is very personal. As an example I sent Jessie a prototype of a new D made of cpvc and she told me it was uninteresting in tone and not up to my standard of whistle making. I sent L.E. McCullough the same instrument and he loved it as was ready to give me his endorsement on this whistle. As it turned out I didn't like working with the cpvc for health reasons and dropped it from my line. But the message is that different players want different sounds and different characteristics in their instruments so I try to accomodate them and that why my instruments are not all the same.
I'll admit I do have my own personal taste in what an instrument sounds like and how it plays. So my designs are heading in a direction that offer what I personally like and I don't know any other way to approach this. So unless the player has specific requests on what they want, I offer them the state of my art at that time. The art of making whistles for me is always evolving in search of the perfect instrument and that is what makes this business challenging and interesting.
Fortunately this quest for the perfect whistle is a great teacher so my skills as a whistlesmith are pretty good and I can custom tailor what a player needs if they want something other than my current state of the art. And by the way I'm quite happy with the new D and C I am now making, but hat doesn't mean I'll stop tinkering with the design.

Ronaldo
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

The Reyburn Low D is sold.
~JessieD