My PHAT LEWT came in the mail today!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
happyturkeyman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

My PHAT LEWT came in the mail today!

Post by happyturkeyman »

My order from the whistle shop came today! I'm so happy!

It consisted of (2) clarke originals of the unfinished variety, one green sweetone, one feadog, and three redtop gens (G, F, and D).

What blew me away was the clarkes!

The originals sound great, have perfect transitions, and (IMO, but probably not IYO) have a great air requirement!

The sweetone sure is a different instrument than my trusty jerrytone - sweet instead of chiffy, easier to blow up to the second octave, great for airs. Between it and my Jerrytone the pair can tackle pretty much anything.

The two higher Gens are almost perfect, I don't think I shall tweak them at all.

The gen and feadog D are unimpressive at best, but half the reason I ordered a bunch of cheapies was to have some fun tweaking them!

I am the happiest I have been in a LONG time :D

In summary: Kudos to the fine people at Clarke. Kudos to the fine people The Whistle Shop. Kudos to the fine people at UPS. And as for the rest of you, I wub you all!
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine.
irishduffy

Post by irishduffy »

Clarkes have been my favorite whistle since I started, I have everything from under 5 dollar whistles to I just sold my jet ski to buy that one. Not sure why, but if I am playing for myself it is always my first whistle, my original clarke. :D
SirNick
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

My wife and I were at the Biltmore Estate in NC one weekend and I stumbled across a tray in the giftshop that contained Clarke "Woodstock" models in D and C. I bought 1 of each because, well because buying whistles is what I do! Anyway, they appear to be standard green colored Megs with the normal plastic fipple. Does anyone else have these? They play and sound OK and look quiet nice too.
"You have my undivided attention"
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Phat Lewt?

Oh. LOOT.

At first I thought you got some mail-order Thai food. Then I thought you received an obese Renaissance-type instrument. Then I actually read the post.

I am so unhip.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Nanohedron wrote:Phat Lewt?

Oh. LOOT.

At first I thought you got some mail-order Thai food. Then I thought you received an obese Renaissance-type instrument. Then I actually read the post.

I am so unhip.
Just another sign of aging!

Denny
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

SirNick wrote:My wife and I were at the Biltmore Estate in NC one weekend and I stumbled across a tray in the giftshop that contained Clarke "Woodstock" models in D and C. I bought 1 of each because, well because buying whistles is what I do! Anyway, they appear to be standard green colored Megs with the normal plastic fipple. Does anyone else have these? They play and sound OK and look quiet nice too.
Saw those at the gift shop in the concert hall in Atlanta.
Cyfiawnder

Post by Cyfiawnder »

Yes... Somewhere between 1986 and 1996 it became increasingly cool to spell werds uncorreckly. It also became kewl, leet, or strait up dope to use the wrong word completely. I blame this on the poor education system in the united states. Since so many students are failing remedial english they just figured lets spell all the words wrong that everyone else spells wrong and make them right... Ignorance is bliss, so lets make the Masses ignuerant and bring about Life long happyness I guess....

A,B,D,C,K,O,P "Hewk awn phonix werked phor mee"

In the imortal words of Chief Wiggam's son "Ralph"
"Me fail english? That's unpossible."

And yes all spelling airors were deleberate, I swear it :)

Peace, and long life
_\\//
Live Long, and Prosper

Peace in the Light /|\
Cyfiawnder
Justinus say guiness in hand worth two in ice-box.
rh

Post by rh »

big up yourself. bouyakasha. wagwan. respek.
there is no end to the walking
rh

Post by rh »

BTW i love the original clarkes. they get more playing time than my copeland or burke, actually.
there is no end to the walking
tuaz

Post by tuaz »

Oh. LOOT.

I am so unhip.
THANK YOU. I couldn't figure out what "Lewt" was, but I was too embarrassed to admit my ignorance. I thought I was the only one who didn't know what it meant.

Luckily, I can blame it on my not being an American, instead of on my age (hey, I'm sufficiently with it to understand the usage of "Phat"). :-)

Spelling issues that bug me: confusing "their" and "there", "your" and "you're", "its" and "it's", plus the insistence on adding an apostrophe before the "s" when writing the plural of a word. Argh.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

tuaz wrote: plus the insistence on adding an apostrophe before the "s" when writing the plural of a word. Argh.
I saw this one yesterday in a book published by Baen Publishing...it made me sad.
Paul

Post by Paul »

If y'all'll excuse me I am going out to get some Krispy Kremes. :D
raindog1970
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

Wanderer wrote:
tuaz wrote: plus the insistence on adding an apostrophe before the "s" when writing the plural of a word. Argh.
I saw this one yesterday in a book published by Baen Publishing...it made me sad.
This reminds me of a sign that hung at my workplace for several years.
"JEEP DRIVER'S KEEP OFF THE SCALE'S!"
It hung on a large scale with a platform embedded flush in the concrete floor, and forklift drivers kept damaging it by driving up too far and getting their front wheels on the platform... no, there aren't any rocket scientists where I work! :P
They finally got smart and raised the scale platform slightly above floor level, but they still call forklifts "jeeps" for reasons I just don't understand. :roll:
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
JamesF

Post by JamesF »

... I am so unhip.
I'm 20 and I didn't get it right away. I was hip just a couple of years ago. (oh who am i kidding)
happyturkeyman

Post by happyturkeyman »

Uhhh... sorry for the misunderstandings! :D "phat lewt" comes to me from the geeky RPG gamer community - but at least I didn't say "|^h47 13|/\|7" as many would.

Speaking of geek language...

http://www.google.com/intl/xx-hacker/
Look! it's google in 1337 5P33|< (They call it h4x0R)

http://www.google.com/intl/xx-klingon/
And google in Klingon!

Are geeks cool? I suppose "phat" isn't the geekiest of words, but somehow it found its way into one game or another. Well, I guess they adopted it sometime after it stopped being hip. If there's one theing those geeks hate it's being hip. ;)

Oh, Cyfiawnder, I promise it's not the school's fault. Well, maybe it is if you consider that without school I may not have been pulled into a geeky, outcast crowd. But I can spell pretty well when I try. And yeah, I did just start a sentence with "but." I don't care.

That's just overkill. I'm sorry.
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine.