SCAM ALERT

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
David Levine
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

SCAM ALERT

Post by David Levine »

After trading emails with Jane Smith all week I received this email a short time ago. "Jane" said she was in Holland doing a flute workshop and the flute in question was to be for her daughter. Does anybody ever fall for this? "Have a nice weekend" indeed.

Hi David,thanks so much for the mail,and i appreciate you accepted my offer.Yes my shippers will be commenceing shipping soon as payment gets to you,so i will want the flute well pacakaged so that it will be ready for shipping.Payment will be issued to by my associate who owes me,she will have to issue you payment with a cashier's cheque for the sum of $4,350,as soon as payment gets to you i will want you cash immediately,and subtract the cost of my flute after which you send the remaining balance to my financial secretary via western union.David,can i trust you in having my flute and my balance sent to my secretary soon as payment reaches you?I f you know i can trust you and you are comfortable with my arrangement,i will need your name in full,home address and your phone number so that payment can be addressed on my behalf.I will be waiting to hear from you soon.Have a nice weekend.

Kind regards,

jane.
eskin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eskin »

I received the same mail from "Jane Smith" about a flute I had for sale... Went directly to the trash...
RudallRose

Post by RudallRose »

The worst and scary part is that these scammers must be getting people to fall for this crap....otherwise they'd have moved on to something else!

I was able to drag my own scammer along for a while....even asking for a photo of him/her holding the flute (that I already owned, off an eBay auction, which they relisted fraudulently and agreed to sell to me privately....no knowing I was one in the same).
Anyway....I get a separate email through eBay....the same nut....wants to buy the flute....BUT....needs a photo of ME holding the flute to be sure I still own it!

Unreal.

I said no photo, sorry. It's against my religion to have my picture taken.
:D
Haven't heard a word since.